Last week I finally just sewed the openings closed and made them into tiny little pillows. I grabbed an old tool box and gathered all my other little hooked pieces to display together inside of it - hence my new header picture.
I pulled out another UFO the other day that has been hanging around for probably ten years - a quilt block named Robbing Peter to Pay Paul. This had been my on-the-go hand applique project and once the 8" blocks were all made they just sat in a bag because I couldn't decide how to sew them together.
Here are the two different blocks - - -
- - - and the borders.
I finally figured out a good way to set them when I saw this beautiful quilt that Barbara had shared on her blog My Joyful Journey. Her's is scrappy - which I totally love - and putting the blocks on point with a different color for the side setting blocks really grabbed me.
Sure feels good to have this quilt top finished and ready to be quilted.